100 ml Shaoxing wine
60ml braised boy sauce
30g rock sugar
1. Evenly pass the skin of the pork knuckle on an open flame, and then scrape and wash it; prepare the chive and ginger slices; boil the pork knuckle in a pot with cold water for about 5 minutes to completely separate the blood foam, and then remove it from the water and rinse it.
2. Put 1 teaspoon of oil in the pan, add ginger slices, chive, star anise, cinnamon, clove and a piece of orange peel and stir-fry; put the pork knuckle in the pan, add the Shaoxing wine and soy sauce, and add boiling water to boil; at the same time prepare a casserole or cast iron pot, put Bamboo grate at its bottom, transfer the pork knuckle to the bamboo grate, and add soup.
3. The pot should have a proper depth for stewing the pork knuckle, so that the soup covers the pork knuckle and also has room for the water level to rise when boiling and avoid overflow. The stew will not only cook the ingredients, but also dissolve the fat with long-term high temperature.
4. Stew for least 3 hours over low heat; if the sauce cannot completely cover the pork knuckle, turn it over twice in the middle; add rock sugar in the last hour, and add salt as needed.
5. When the stew is ready, there will be around 1/3 of soup in the pot, use the spoon to pour the soup on the exposed pork knuckle, then carefully remove the pork knuckle and plate it.
6. Filter the spices in the soup, reduce the sauce over until it is thick, pour it on the pork knuckle and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
CAMPAIGN FINANCED WITH THE AID OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.