Place the pork hock in a big pot and cover with water and two tablespoons of salt. Boil for 1.5 hours and top up with more water if necessary. Do not discard the water after it’s cooked.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes in big chunks.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 ºC
4. When the hock is boiled, place it in a deep oven tray with the potatoes, add 250ml of the water used for boiling it, add the white wine, thyme, rosemary and parsley. Drizzle with some olive oil and season to taste. When the liquids start to boil, reduce temperature to 180 ºC ad cook for 1.5 – 2 hours. Top up with more of the boiling water if necessary.
5. Turn every 15 minutes to cook evenly.
6. When ready and brown on the outside, plate with roasted potatoes as a side.
CAMPAIGN FINANCED WITH THE AID OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.