1. To roast the peppers, drizzle red peppers with some olive oil and roast in the oven at 220 ºC for 30 minutes, turning them every ten minutes. Once roasted, wrap in tinfoil to cool down for 10-15 minutes. When they are cool enough to handle, take the stem, seeds and charred skin out. Extra peppers can be stored in a jar with the baking juices for future use.
2. For the meatballs, peel, core and grate the apple, peel and finely chop the garlic and combine with the minced pork and the breadcrumbs. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and shape into 16 meatballs. Leave to chill for 10 minutes.
3. For the sauce, finely chop the onion and cook over medium heat with the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the canned tomatoes, the peppers and half a can of water. Add some salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and cook the meatballs for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until all sides are brown.
5. Blend the sauce until it becomes smooth, add to the meatballs and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following the pack’s instructions. Drain them, divide between plates, and top with the sauce and meatballs.
7. Optionally, it can be topped with some leaves of fresh basil and grated cheese.
CAMPAIGN FINANCED WITH THE AID OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.